By Russell Fraenkel
Director, Career Partnerships and Pathways
Advance IT Minnesota
According to the 53 high school girls participating, the December 18 SPARCS@Microsoft event rocked!
The students from 18 area high schools spent the entire day at Microsoft in Edina, MN enjoying:
- BING: the technology dog who responds to human touch and movement
- App Inventor exploration offered by Code Savvy
- Career Interest activity offered by Century College staff
- MentorMash provided by Girls in Tech – Twin Cities and ten professional women shared their IT passion and expertise
- Microsoft’s Technology in Action, Coding, Personal Productivity and Envisioning Center sessions
- Cyber Safety
- Prizes, food, fun and tech friendships
Plans are underway for the next SPARCS event in March. Watch for SPARCS@Land O’Lakes.