A High Quality, No-Cost Computer Science Curriculum
What is the IT Exploration Curriculum?
Super easy to access and use FREE curriculum and related resources for grades 8-12 classrooms in Minnesota. Perfect for experienced and non-experienced technology teachers to use with students who possess little to a great-deal of technology knowledge and interest. Each module provides career exploration resources.
Units and topics include:
- productivity skills
- trends/impacts of computing
- digital media
- computing systems and IT services
- networks and the internet
- algorithms and programming
- data and analysis
- game design/development
- technology careers
- Always free. The curriculum includes all training and support, and has no books to purchase. No future curriculum costs is guaranteed, even with content updates.
- IT skills are in demand and a great sell to parents. Advertising and offering up to date IT training classes can help deter your students from open enrolling in other school districts.
- Offering an intro IT class in middle or high school can help develop interest in technology topics, which then encourages students to take other computing-related courses offered by your school.
- Our organized, step-by-step units make it easy for you to support a teacher who is inexperienced in IT knowledge into an expert, and with little to no stress.
- The curriculum is standards aligned; preparing students for Precision Exams – Information Technology (801). College and Career Resources are also included.
Please contact Russell Fraenkel, IT Pathways Director, for more information on how to get the ITX Curriculum added to your high school.