Looking For Ways to Hire Experienced I.T. Students or Technology Professionals?
Sponsor MN State ITCOE Events
- Build a positive brand
- Target events for future hiring needs
- Bring organizational leaders and representatives
- Meet students face-to-face
Participate in Minnesota State I.T. Center of Excellence Events
- Volunteer for panels, programs, competitions, mock interviews and workshops
- Meet and encourage prospective applicants at all events
- Encourage your organization’s leaders to participate in events
- Sponsor events to get your organization in front of students on a consistent basis
Host an Info Session or Tour of your Organization
- Meet prospective candidates.
- Brand your organization.
- Have students tour your organization.
Reach out to IT Faculty
- It’s not easy to get into the classrooms on any campus; relationships with faculty are often based on an academic or research focus.
- Offer to guest lecture on a hot topic or trend in Information Technology at your organization.
- Offer informational interviews for students with your employees.
- Leverage the relationships your alumni and/or senior executives have with faculty to get an introduction
- Be prepared to offer support for research or department initiatives
Collaborate with Student Organizations
- Ask your alumni, interns and career services office for recommendations to connect
- Offer to speak to student groups, co-sponsor an information session, or buy food for a student organization meeting
- Consider sponsoring a student organization; many clubs have a partnership program