Partnerships, Engagement, & Hiring Strategies
Minnesota State IT Center of Excellence connects employers with experienced IT students and current IT professionals.
Let us find you IT employees through our many connections in the Minnesota recruiting and networking world, targeted events with diverse populations, and the Minnesota State events targeted around giving students hands on experience.
Participate in MN State IT Center of Excellence Events
- Build a positive brand
- Target events for future hiring needs
- Bring organizational leaders and representatives
- Meet students face-to-face
Reach out to IT Faculty
- It’s not easy to get into the classrooms on any campus; relationships with faculty are often based on an academic or research focus.
- Offer to guest lecture on a hot topic or trend in Information Technology at your organization.
- Offer informational interviews for students with your employees.
- Leverage the relationships your alumni and/or senior executives have with faculty to get an introduction
- Be prepared to offer support for research or department initiatives
- Volunteer for panels, programs, competitions, mock interviews and workshops
- Meet and encourage prospective applicants at all events
- Encourage your organization’s leaders to participate in events
- Sponsor events to get your organization in front of students on a consistent basis
Sponsor MN State ITCOE Events
- Plan the timing of your recruiting activities around key dates and events.
- Start early!
- Make a plan to sponsor events that attract the kind of employees you are looking for.
Collaborate with Student Organizations
- Ask your alumni, interns and career services office for recommendations to connect
- Offer to speak to student groups, co-sponsor an information session, or buy food for a student organization meeting
- Consider sponsoring a student organization; many clubs have a partnership program
Participate Regularly in MN State IT Center of Excellence Activities to Recruit
Host an Info Session or Tour of your Organization
- Meet prospective candidates.
- Brand your organization.
- Have students tour your organization.