Prepare: Are You Career Ready?
College students need to be “career ready” upon graduation and bring with them both technical and soft skils needed by employers.
What are “Career Readiness Skills?”
- Career Readiness skills are the soft skills which help college students contribute right away to the organization. These skills are are utilized in many different types of IT postiions and help people advance within their career. (This is photo #134425249 Adobe stock image
- The Career Readiness skills most sought after by employers and defined by the National Associaiton of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
- Critical Thinking / Problem Solving
- Oral / Written Communications
- Teamwork / Collaboration
- Digital Technology
- Professionalsim / Work Ethic
- Career Management
The FUSION IT residency is designed for individuals who have earned a two-year degree in related IT programs OR who have completed equivalent university-level course work.
The IT residency takes place during your Junior and Senior year through a 9-12 month, academic, credit-earning “IT Residency.” Basically, it is at least 2 semesters long and could last up to 3 semesters long.
FUSION unites your university education with an applied learning, REAL-WORLD, paid work experience called a residency. You also take a course to develop your soft skills before starting the residency.
The FUSION residency gives you more experience than other students and MANY connections within the industry which are valuable to your professional career for gaining employment upon graduation (or even before)!
The FUSION I.T. residency is a component of the Computer Application Development (Capp) major at Metro State University (as well as the CIT and CS majors at Metro).
Get paid while you earn your bachelor’s degree, build your network and launch your I.T. career
with a FUSION residency during your junior and senior year of college.
Find out more at http://fusion-education.org/