New Career Readiness D2L Modules
Incorporate career readiness training and practice into your IT / CS courses using our three D2L Modules
To see a demo of the modules, complete the form below
The Minnesota State IT Center of Excellence has heard from numerous employers that graduates must possess both technical skills and “career readiness” skills to be successful in their jobs.
Research continues to show that employers are sometimes underwhelmed by students’ career readiness, often lacking critical skills such as:
- Oral and Written Communications
- Initiative and Leadership
- Collaboration and Teamwork
In response, the ITCOE has recently created three new Modules to help our faculty, built 100% in Desire2Learn (D2L), focused on teaching and assessing these important skills.
Career Readiness D2L Modules Information Request
- Ready-to-use articles, videos, exercises, assessments, and rubrics, representing real-world IT / CS workplace scenarios
- Derived from Education Design Lab 21st Century Skills, used by dozens of other higher education institutions
- Built natively in D2L, enabling ease of use and allowing faculty to quickly adapt the content to their course if desired
The Oral and Written Communication Module is an easy way to introduce communications skills into any class and can be directly imported into a D2L shell. Watching these students respond to simulated work situations in their communications videos allowed me to get to know them better and to be able to offer communication tips that would not have been possible previously.
– Vickie McLain, CIS Instructor and Cyber Defense Coach, Lake Superior College
It was seamless to incorporate the Collaboration and Teamwork Module into my course. Once the Module was imported it took little effort to customize to my course layout. After completing the Module, the students seemed to have a greater level of empathy and respect for each other.
– Janet Johnson, IT / Cybersecurity Faculty, M State Community and Technical College, Wadena