One of the questions we hear so often is:
“How do I get real life experience in the data world?"
Here is the answer: Take part in student data competitions this spring, sponsored or hosted by the MN State ITCOE and add them to your resume.
Have fun and gain experience at these 1 or 2 day events that work with real data and solve real problems.
- March 28-29, 2020 at Minnesota State University, Mankato
- MUDAC is a competition allowing participants to showcase their analytical talent in a 24-hour, non-stop hackathon. Last year’s event brought together over 250 undergraduates from 30 colleges and universities around the Midwest. The students worked to solve a complex data challenge related to Minnesota water quality.
- We expect over 250 students for MUDAC 2020.
- April 18, 2020 at Hennepin Technical College, Eden Prairie
- Hosted by the Minnesota State IT Center of Excellence an annual multi-disciplinary competition open to all Minnesota State institutions, that allows student teams to compete and present data-driven answers to defined problems and societal issues.
- The 2020 Competition will include a 6-week Data Challenge where students from across the State will analyze and present their findings on a data source given out early Spring.
- This year’s data set is coming from the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency and will consist of presenting solutions to the questions they have around the topic.
- Data will be available on Friday, March 13th. Presentations should be completed and submitted by April 16th and student presentations and judging will happen on the 18th.